Thursday, July 26, 2007

a tree on the corner ...

I stopped to get gas yesterday morning and I had to wait in line. It seemed everyone else stopped to get gas, too! While waiting in my car, I noticed the tree, pictured here, and wondered what in the world was growing out of it. The tree appears to be dead, but not knowing what it was, and having the camera handy, I couldn't resist the impulse to get out of the car and take pictures. Naturally, a BIG SUV took advantage of my good nature and cut in front of me, but I didn't let him bother me. Why, I even smiled at him when he got out of his car to pump gas. See the guy standing in the background on the street? He was so interested in what I was doing that he forgot to sell his newspapers. After I got gas, I noticed that he had walked over to the tree and was examining it.

I truly believe in the old adage, "What goes around comes around." So I leave it to God or fate or Mother Nature (whoever's in charge) to take care of the bullies in life. Then, I say a little prayer that they will learn to wait their turn!

2 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

I totally believe in what goes around comes around also. Is this the same as Karma?
So what is coming out of that tree?

PoetC7 said...

Yes, alpaca granny, it's the same as Karma. (Or, at least, it is to me!)
I've sent the photo to the University of South Florida's environmental guys (who are friends of mine) asking for ID. My boss says it's a moss, but I couldn't find anything like it on the internet, hence, reaching out to my USF friends!