Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I've been gone too long ...



I'm not entirely sure that anyone every read anything I wrote. And, if truth be told, it doesn't really matter. I read today in my "Artful Blogger" magazine that there are 71 million blogs out there. So, who cares what I write here besides me?

Exactly!

One of my favorite things is pictures. I love visual images of things. I take lots and lots of photos with the digital camera and have even been lucky enough to get a few good shots here and there. This stone angel is one of those.

You'll find her in the back yard of a friend of mine who lives in Coral Gables. His yard is beautifully landscaped, with mostly Florida native plants. And, he has the biggest rosemary bush I've ever laid eyes on! But, it was the stone angel that stole my heart and I was just tickled pink that her photograph was one of those that came out well. With the digital photography thing I've learned you have to just shoot like crazy and wait til you get 'em up on the computer to see how they come out.

Which leads me back to the beginning of my thing about loving pictures. I love to look at other people's photos. There are a tremendous number of artsy web sites and blogs that provide me with all the visual stimulation I could ask for, too. And, I love magazines and newspapers and all the photos they publish. I'm a big fan of VOGUE and Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion. So, I have lots of inspirations to draw on and I'm going to take up the challenge of "blogging" every week.

Who knows, maybe I'll find myself to be prolific and I'll "blog" every day! We'll just have to see what happens ... which is the real fun of it all!

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
mmmmmm mmm mmm mmm mmm --- Vince Lombardi

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

I think you need to put a counter on your blog and you will be surprised how many folks stop by. I'm really glad that I did.