Thursday, October 11, 2007

butterflies and milkweed




Milkweed attracts Monarch Butterflies. Luke told me so. Then, yesterday, he showed up with 8 potted milkweed plants for me to take home and plant in my yard.

I put them out behind the building because I couldn't very well leave them in my car for the four or five hours I had left before it would be time to go home. Then, at the end of the day, I pulled my car around back to load them up and there were Monarch Butterflies on the flowers. What was really fun (and, funny) was how they swirled around the plants as I moved them into my car. It was as though they were saying, "Where are you going with those?"

Stay tuned ... I've put them in my front yard and will get them planted on the weekend. I'll take a picture and we'll see how long before the Monarch Butterflies show up!

2 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

I so love reading you blog and how appreciative you are of even the smallest of the wild critters that you observe.
....and I didn't know that the monarchs are attracted to milkweed.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.